Finfloor is looking to hire a new operations Manager in JAN 2018.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate with 8-10 years working experience in operations and a tertiary degree.
Send your C.V to email@example.com
Finfloor has been around for the past 20 years and is a leader in importing & distributing Laminate, Vinyl & Solid Wood Flooring.
Finfloor is expanding year on year and is looking for a young dynamic individual to become part of their team and keep moving the business forward.
The position available is for an Operations Manager, job description as follows:
The position is based in Johannesburg
The Operations Manager will be required to learn all aspects of the business.
Daily Overview and Reports
- Plan and prepare for following the days’ deliveries from JHB Warehouse as well as manage deliveries from Logistics company.
- Ensure all previous day deliveries were dispatched on time and have been delivered to customers.
- Assist in managing JHB, Durban and Cape Town Sales Executives.
- Oversee the JHB warehouse alongside the Warehouse Manager.
- Manage customer sample swatch allocations and associated costs.
- Manage transport & logistic company problems.
- Attend site with customers to advise them correctly.
- Proactively deal with any complaints by contacting the client within 24 Hours.
- Take moisture readings & photos to ensure way forward.
- Provide feedback and report on installation and material requirements on site.
- Identify and assess future & current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with Finfloor staff.
- Train Finfloor customers when required.
- SAWLFA – become involved with SAWLFA industry training.
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices.
- Identify & meet new clients.
- Serve as a business rep at major industry events, conferences, trade shows, and expos.
- Identifying new markets (SADC Countries & Cape Town).
- Managing difficult customers.
- Manage Inovar Franchisees Nationwide.
Forecasting with Sales Reps
- Daily, forecasts with sales reps in order to ensure that required stock has been ordered from overseas suppliers.
Oversee Warehouse Manager
- Ensure warehouse is clean & tidy at all times
- Ensure all returned stock has GRV raised and sent down to accounts department in order to raise credit.
- Overall supervision and running or warehouse.
- Ensure all emails are replied to within 24/48 hours.
National Trade shows
- Plan Trade Shows Nationwide for Finfloor & Inovar.
Monthly Stock Take
- Manage monthly stock take with Warehouse Manager.
- Monitor Consumables.
- Ensure wastage and allocation of materials is monitored, documented & checked.
- Proactively look for ways to manage costs effectively.
Necessary Skills and Attributes:
- Microsoft Outlook, word, excel
- Knowledge of local market and competition
- Financially driven with a motive to earn
- Good work ethic
- Good communication skills
- Results/Goal orientated
- A leader
- Full driving license
Roles and Responsibilities may change from time to time as agreed by both parties.