Distributed by FinFloor Oleum - Single Coat Oil Based Wood Stain protects, nourishes and colours wood in one easy application.
Whether you keep wood in its natural state or treat it with colour, all wood needs to be nourished and protected. Use Oleum as it only takes one coat of our highly effective and durable oil-based stain to protect your wood against water, heat and sunlight.
Oleum single coat wood stain is perfect for inside and outside. Use it on window frames, flooring, doors and furniture in one single coat you can transform the look and enhance the grain of the natural wood.
Wood stain colour chart
- 1 x 1 ltr Jax Oleum covers round +- 50sqm
- 1 x 250ml Jax Oleum covers around +- 12sqm
- 1 x 250g Jax Soft wax covers around -+ 100sm
- Sand down clean your natural wood
- Apply oil using a cloth
- Wait a few minutes, until the oil has penetrated the upper layers of wood
- Wipe away excess
Outdoor Application & Maintenance Instructions
- Jax Oleum can only protect, colour and nourish natural untreated wood
- If the wood has been previously treated, remove all varnish and paint, returning wood to its natural state (or as close as possible).
- Sand the wood down to a final finish, a rule of thumb is the softer the wood the higher the sandpaper grit rating, i.e. Pine 120-150 grit finish, Oak 100 -120 grit etc.
- Clean the surface with a damp cloth and allow to dry completely.
- Shake the Jax Oleum tin VERY well to ensure the colour is evenly mixed.
- With a clean cloth, apply Jax Oleum liberally over the entire surface.
- Allow the Oleum to penetrate and dry for about 20 minutes before wiping away any excess Oleum.
- Before use allow to dry for 24 hours.
- Allow 7 days curing before using water or washing with a cleaner.
- After 3 months you should apply a coat of Jax Oleum Maintenance Oil. Re-apply annually, or as and when needed, depending on exposure and conditions.
- We currently recommend the Loba floor wax cleaner for weekly cleaning. Their Aqua WaxCare is also a very good product for a monthly maintenance application