Glue down vinyl warranty card
Thank you for purchasing FINfloor Glue Down Vinyl flooring, produced with the latest technologies. You can be assured that this product has been manufactured according to all applicable international standards and has been subjected to strict quality control procedures before it reaches you. In the unlikely event that you discover any defects on the flooring panels upon opening the carton, please DO NOT INSTALL THEM. Kindly return them to your authorised distributor for a replacement or refund. It is very important to note that this warranty will not cover any defective material that has been installed without prior checking.
Finfloor recommends that SANS70070:2072 be compiled with at all times, plus all supporting products are correctly chosen with their respective installation requirements complied with to meet warranty parameters.
FINfloor Vinyl flooring products come with a Manufacturing defect warranty, according to the fit for use grading the product is graded for.
Plus, a wear, Fade or Stain warranty*.*Definitions/to be covered:
- “Wear” – must be through the wear layer to the degree that the printed pattern is affected or altered.
- “Fade” – must be to the degree that the floor is permanently discoloured.
- “Stain” – must be from normal household cleaning agents, chemicals or routine care & maintenance, according to the instructions supplied in this document
Product warranty duration:
- FINfloor Aurora - Residential only 20 Years, Light commercial 5 Years.
- FINfloor Galaxy – Residential only 30 Years, General Commercial 10 Years.
Pre-installation subfloor requirements:
Site Assessment / Traffic usage
- Site application and expected foot traffic = selected floor grade to be used.
- Substrate must be level, Dry, and concrete must meet the required pull strength, free from foreign matter, and have the correct PH.
- All Substrate/sub floors for Glue Down vinyl needs to be smooth, free of any undulation or cracks, i.e., the screed must be smooth like a mirror. Any undulation, irregularity will telegraph through to the surface layer and will compromise your installation.
- The site must be climatically suitable to required living conditions (15 - 30degrees Celsius)
- Avoid any heat exposure from direct sunlight, fireplaces, underfloor heating etc during the 48-hour acclimatisation period.
- Do not overuse the floor for 48 hours after installation until adhesive has 100% cured.
Screeds & Adhesives - It is up to the installer to use the correct screed and adhesive products understanding their suitability and compatibility with the chosen FINfloor type, substrate and environment. Should there be any product and or installation failure on these supporting products, recourse is restricted through the supporting product warranty and the installer.
Workmanship - FINfloor - does not warrant installers workmanship. Workmanship errors should be addressed to the contractor who installed the floor. FINfloor products should be professionally installed by contractors or installers who have demonstrated expertise in installing this format of flooring.
The flooring Contractor or installer must inspect the product(s) before installation for any visual manufacturing, colour or dimension defects.We accept no responsibility where a product with visible defects has been installed. Once the product is installed this confirms acceptance of the product and will void the manufacturer's warranty.
Under no circumstances will this warranty cover damages caused by and/or in the following situations:
- Accidents, abuse or misuse of the floor: e.g. surface damage caused by dropping/dragging sharp or heavy objects.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures e.g. incorrect underfloor heating setting/operation, No protection from direct sunlight in excess of 50°C.
- No under carpet heaters are acceptable for use under the flooring panels. The elements must be imbedded in at least 10mm of screed, Please refer to your installer for detailed operational/usage specifications.
- Installation of product with visible manufacturing defects.
- The floor was not installed according to the manufacturer’s recommended instructions.
- The floor was not maintained or used properly according to the recommended usage or maintenance procedures e.g. floor cleaning with abrasive pads, industrial solvents etc.
- Flooring is installed on top of a wet/moist sub-floor outside the allowable specification (3% dry reading on Prontimeter moisture meter), refer to the packaging for clarity. Sub-Floor level variation, roughness, holes, grouting lines etc. Please refer to installation instructions for clarity.
- Fading caused by direct ultraviolet radiation from direct sunlight exposure.
- Office chairs must be fitted with soft wheeled castors or if nylon castors are being used, use protective mats/felt pads underneath the chair.
- Flooring panels used in places where the traffic exceeds the utility class that is recommended.
- Surface defects that can only be seen from an angle source of light.
- Flooring panels damaged during renovation work by others.
Glue Down Vinyl claim procedure
In order to provide any remedies for a defective product, you agree to Cooperate in providing information as required by us regarding the product, including detailing how the product is defective and any other information as we reasonably may require. In the event that the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (“the CPA”) applies to the transaction in respect of which the warranty is being invoked (i.e. a transaction not excluded from the CPA by operation of Chapter 1, Part B thereof) then an alleged defect must be reported to us or our authorised distributor within 180 (one hundred and eighty) days from the date of purchase of the product and the remedies in the event of a product being found to be defective shall be one of the following, at your election:
- refund; or
- repair; or
The provisions of the CPA shall have no application after the expiry of the above mentioned 180 (one hundred and eighty) day period and thereafter our warranty commitments as defined in this warranty card shall be the sole conditions applicable to a defective product.Please note that in all cases of claims for defective products only the quantity of the product found to be defective shall be the subject of the appropriate warranty action. In the event that we find that a product which is the subject of any warranty claim (whether under the CPA or not) has been abused, or misused, or neglected, or subjected to inadequate or improper handling or installation, or has been modified in any way, or is the subject of normal ‘wear and tear’. We may in our sole discretion elect not to refund, repair or replace the product. In the event of any claim falling outside the CPA, then the defect must be reported in writing to our authorised distributor or us within no more than 14 (fourteen) days of the discovery of the defect. After the expiry of the above mentioned 14 (fourteen) day period, no further complaints will be accepted, A duly dated and stamped invoice and a copy of the warranty card must be submitted at that time. In the event of any warranty claim, our authorised personnel must be accorded every opportunity, where applicable, to inspect the claimed product in situ and the product must be kept in its current condition for the purposes of such inspection.
PLEASE NOTE: THAT IF THE PRODUCT HAS BEEN INSTALLED AND A DEFECT IS COMPLAINED OF SUBSEQUENTLY, WE WILL ALWAYS CARRY OUT THE IN SITU INSPECTION REFERRED TO ABOVE AND SHOULD WE, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, FIND THE INSTALLATION TO HAVE BEEN IMPROPERLY CARRIED OUT, REGARDLESS OF ANY OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES, THIS WARRANTY WILL BE NUL AND VOID. IN THIS REGARD, WE CANNOT UNDERSCORE ENOUGH THE IMPORTANCE OF CORRECT INSTALLATION BY APPROPRIATELY QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS. IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS AS TO CORRECT INSTALLATION, YOU ARE URGED TO CONTACT YOUR AUTHORISED DISTRIBUTOR OR US, PRIOR TO INSTALLING THE PRODUCT.
In the case where a claim is accepted and the CPA is not applicable, it will be at the sole discretion of the supplier and/or us to either repair the product or offer replacement product of the same or similar quantity, quality and design or colour, insofar as the same is possible. The product warranty does not cover any labour cost or accessories associated with replacement of damaged material covered by the warranty. Consequential losses and any other costs whatsoever are not covered by the warranty.
NOTE:The services provided as part of this warranty do not extend the original warranty period.
The warranty is not transferable and applies to the original purchaser of the product only. The warranty is of reducing value.
Glue Down Vinyl Maintenance and Care
Inspection: Prior to installation, inspect planks in daylight for visible faults/damage. Check if subfloor/site conditions comply with the specifications described in the installation instructions. If you are not satisfied do not install, and contact your supplier.
Warning Heaters I Underfloor Heating I Fireplaces:
- Mobile and fixed heaters/fireplaces need to be placed on a protective platform to prevent concentrated heat impacting the floor underneath and in front of the heat source.
- If Underfloor heating is to be used, it is important that you advise your supplier, so the correct system is installed, with proper detailed installation instructions.
Protection and Maintenance of your floor Lasting beauty can be achieved through purchasing a quality floor covering and providing proper on-going maintenance. Please follow the recommendations in the guide below to retain the fresh look and protect your floor finish.