Laminate warranty card
Thank you for purchasing FINfloor laminate floor. You can be assured that this product has been manufactured according to international standards and has been subjected to strict quality control procedures before it reaches you. However, in the unlikely event that you discover any defects on the flooring panels upon opening the carton, please D0 NOT INSTALL THEM. Kindly return them to your authorised distributor for a replacement or refund. It is very important to note that this warranty will not cover any defective material that has been installed without prior checking.
- Wear Resistance (Conforming to EN13329)
- Stain Resistance (Conforming to EN13329)
- Fade Resistance (Conforming to EN13329)
Product warranty duration:
- Supreme 8mm AC3/Class31 - 10 years for Heavy Residential use, 5 years for Moderate Commercial use
- AGT - Bella 8mm AC3/Class 31- 15 years for Heavy Residential use, 5 years for Moderate Commercial use
- AGT - Natura Line 8mm AC4/Class 32 - 20 years for Heavy Residential use, 5 years for General Commercial use
- AGT - Effect 10mm AC4/Class 32 - 20 years for Heavy Residential use, 5 years for General Commercial use
- AGT - Effect 12mm AC5/Class 33 - 25 years for Heavy Residential use, 5 years for General Commercial use
- Inovar Floor 8mm AC4/Class 32 - 25 years for Heavy Residential Use, 5 years for General Commercial use
- Black Forest 12mm AC4/Class 32 - 25 years for Heavy Residential use, 5 years for General Commercial use
- Authentic Herringbone 12mm AC4/Class 32 - 25 years for Heavy Residential use, 5 years for General Commercial use
For claims on surface wear-through, an area on the floor panel is considered worn-through only if the worn-through area is more than lcm2/0.16sq inch and the decorative layer has been exhausted until the core material is visible. Claims for surface wear-through are unacceptable if the surface wear-through occurs at the edges/joints of the panel. Gloss reduction is not considered surface wear-through for the purposes of this warranty.
FINfloor laminate flooring is resistant to normal household stains on the decorative surface.
FINfloor laminate flooring is resistant to fading from exposure to indirect sunlight or normal artiÿcial light conforming to EN13329 test method with the exception of natural ageing.
Under no circumstances will this warranty cover damages caused by and/or in the following situations:
- Accidents, abuse or misuse of the floor: e.g. surface damage caused by dropping/dragging sharp or heavy objects.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures e.g. incorrect underfloor heating setting/operation.
- No under carpet heaters are acceptable for use under the flooring panels. Please refer to your installer for detailed operational/usage specifications.
- Installation of product with visible manufacturing defects.
- The floor was not installed according to the manufacturer’s recommended instructions. The installation instruction is located on the packaging.
- The correct underlay and/or vapour barriers have not been used as required for the subfloor in question.
- The floor was not maintained or used properly according to the recommended usage or maintenance procedures e.g. floor cleaning with excessive water, industrial solvents etc.
- Flooding caused by plumbing failures or natural causes.
- Fading caused by direct ultraviolet radiation from direct sunlight exposure.
- If an expansion proÿle is not used on doorways between rooms or in an area greater than 12m in the direction of length of the individual flooring planks and 8m on width direction or off set rooms, Black forest 16m in the direction of length of the individual planks and 18m on the width direction or off set rooms, Effect Exclusive 12m in length x 10m in the width or off set rooms.
- Floor is installed in saunas or bathrooms and any area prone to excessive water exposure.
- lf installed on top/over stuck down/glued to existing Parquet block or solid wood flooring or on top of old or existing carpet underlay.
- Trapped water underneath the flooring panels or underlay caused by air conditioning leakage etc.
- Office chairs must be fitted with soft wheeled castors or if nylon castors are being used, use protective mats/rubber pads underneath the chair.
- Flooring panels used in places where the traffic exceeds the utility class that is recommended.
- Surface defects that can only be seen from an angle source of light.
- Flooring panels damaged during renovation work by others.
- Gaps after installation - As wood is a living material (inherent hygroscopic properties), gaps can appear on the joints due to incorrect operation and temperature settings of underfloor heating system or exposure to excessive water, direct sunlight and climatic changes.
In order to provide any remedies for a defective product, you agree to Cooperate in providing information as required by us regarding the product, including detailing how the product is defective and any other information as we reasonably may require. In the event that the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (“the CPA”) applies to the transaction in respect of which the warranty is being invoked (i.e. a transaction not excluded from the CPA by operation of Chapter 1, Part B thereof) then an alleged defect must be reported to us or our authorised distributor within 180 (one hundred and eighty) days from the date of purchase of the product and the remedies in the event of a product being found to be defective shall be one of the following, at your election:
- refund; or
- repair; or
Please note that in all cases of claims for defective products only the quantity of the product found to be defective shall be the subject of the appropriate warranty action. In the event that we find that a product which is the subject of any warranty claim (whether under the CPA or not) has been abused, or misused, or neglected, or subjected to inadequate or improper handling or installation, or has been modified in any way, or is the subject of normal ‘wear and tear’, We may in our sole discretion elect not to refund, repair or replace the product. In the event of any claim falling outside the CPA, then the defect must be reported in writing to our authorised distributor or us within no more than 14 (fourteen) days of the discovery of the defect. After the expiry of the above mentioned 14 (fourteen) day period, no further complaints will be accepted, A duly dated and stamped invoice and a copy of the warranty card must be submitted at that time. In the event of any warranty claim, our authorised personnel must be accorded every opportunity, where applicable, to inspect the claimed product in situ and the product must be kept in its current condition for the purposes of such inspection.
NOTE THAT IF THE PRODUCT HAS BEEN INSTALLED AND A DEFECT IS COMPLAINED OF SUBSEQUENTLY, WE WILL ALWAYS CARRY OUT THE IN SITU INSPECTION REFERRED TO ABOVE AND SHOULD WE, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, FIND THE INSTALLATION TO HAVE BEEN IMPROPERLY CARRIED OUT, REGARDLESS OF ANY OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES, THIS WARRANTY WILL BE NUL AND VOID. IN THIS REGARD, WE CANNOT UNDERSCORE ENOUGH THE IMPORTANCE OF CORRECT INSTALLATION BY APPROPRIATELY QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS. IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS AS TO CORRECT INSTALLATION, YOU ARE URGED TO CONTACT YOUR AUTHORISED DISTRIBUTOR OR US, PRIOR TO INSTALLING THE PRODUCT.
In the case where a claim is accepted and the CPA is not applicable, it will be at the sole discretion of the supplier and/or us to either repair the product or offer replacement product of the same or similar quantity, quality and design or colour, insofar as the same is possible. The product warranty does not cover any labour cost or accessories associated with replacement of damaged material covered by the warranty. Consequential losses and any other costs whatsoever are not covered by the warranty.
NOTE:The services provided as part of this warranty do not extend the original warranty period. The warranty is of diminishing value in the sense that it takes account of loss of value resulting from use: as in 1/10, 1/15 & 1/25 per annum. It is not transferable and will apply to the first buyer only.