Glue down vinyl warranty card
Thank you for purchasing FINfloor Glue Down Vinyl flooring, produced with the latest technologies. You can be assured that this product has been manufactured according to all applicable international standards and has been subjected to strict quality control procedures before it reaches you. In the unlikely event that you discover any defects on the flooring panels upon opening the carton, please DO NOT INSTALL THEM. Kindly return them to your authorised distributor for a replacement or refund. It is very important to note that this warranty will not cover any defective material that has been installed without prior checking.
Finfloor recommends that SANS70070:2072 be compiled with at all times, plus all supporting products are correctly chosen with their respective installation requirements complied with to meet warranty parameters.
FINfloor Vinyl flooring products come with a Manufacturing defect warranty, according to the fit for use grading the product is graded for.
Plus, a wear, Fade or Stain warranty*.*Definitions/to be covered:
- “Wear” – must be through the wear layer to the degree that the printed pattern is affected or altered.
- “Fade” – must be to the degree that the floor is permanently discoloured.
- “Stain” – must be from normal household cleaning agents, chemicals or routine care & maintenance, according to the instructions supplied in this document
Product warranty duration:
- FINfloor Aurora and Aurora ll - Residential only 20 Years, Light Commercial 5 Years.
- FINfloor Galaxy – Residential only 30 Years, General Commercial 10 Years.
- FINfloor Galaxy ll – Life-time Residential, General Commercial 10 Years.
- Designer Collection Legends and Evolution - Residential only 20 Years, Light commercial 5 Years.
- Designer Collection Legends Commercial – Residential only 30 Years, General Commercial 10 Years.
- Designer Collection Legends Evolution Commercial – Life-time Residential, General Commercial 10 Years.
For claims on surface wear-through, an area on the floor panel is considered worn-through only if the worn-through area is more than lcm²/0.16sq inch and the decorative layer has been exhausted until the core material is visible. Claims for surface wear-through are unacceptable if the surface wear-through occurs at the edges/joints of the panel. Gloss reduction is not considered surface wear-through for the purposes of this warranty.
FINfloor SPC Vinyl flooring is resistant to normal household stains on the decorative surface.
FINfloor SPC Vinyl flooring is resistant to fading from exposure to indirect sunlight or normal artificial light conforming to EN20105:B02 method A test, with the exception of natural ageing. Please note: to ensure that your SPC Vinyl floor product provides you with the optimal performance it is important to adhere to the following:
Pre-installation subfloor requirements:
All Subfloors must be:
- Structurally sound
- Clean: Thoroughly swept and free of all debris
- Level: Flat to 4.7mm per 3.3 meters radius
Wood subfloors must be dry and well secured. Nail or screw every 15cm along joists to avoid squeaking. If not level, sand down high spots and fill low spots with a leveling patch. Make sure all crawl spaces are open & have proper ventilation.
Concrete subfloors must be fully cured, at least 60 days old, and should have a painted or 200 micron polyethylene vapour barrier between concrete and ground. Subfloor should be flat and level within 4.7mm per 3.3 meters. If necessary grind high spots down and level low spots with a leveling compound.
Ceramic Tile, resilient tile and sheet vinyl must be well bonded to subfloor, in good condition, clean and level. Do not sand existing vinyl floors, as they may contain asbestos.
- Correct expansion gaps – Must be provided around all fixed objects (door frames, walls, door stops, Trellis door, etc.)
- Do not glue or silicone your profiles down - use a base track, or a drill down profiles.
- Do not use filler or silicone around door frames or under skirting - you should be able to slide, unencumbered, a 0.10mm feeler gauge between the floor and the finishing profiles/skirting/quarter round.
- Acclimatise flooring – is recommended for 24 hours prior to installing & boxes must be stacked in the installation area in a horizontal position and be off the concrete by at least 16mm.
- Seal concrete/screed with a moisture barrier – is recommended. This can either be a 200 micron DPC layer or painted system.
- The sub floor – must be level and be within 4.7mm per 3.3lin.m radius, without dips, high points or sharp edges, holes or any ridges.
Under no circumstances will this warranty cover damages caused by and/or in the following situations:
- Accidents, abuse or misuse of the floor: e.g. surface damage caused by dropping/dragging sharp or heavy objects.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures e.g. incorrect underfloor heating setting/operation, No protection from direct sunlight in excess of 50°C.
- No under carpet heaters are acceptable for use under the flooring panels. The elements must be imbedded in at least 10mm of screed, Please refer to your installer for detailed operational/usage specifications.
- Installation of product with visible manufacturing defects.
- The floor was not installed according to the manufacturer’s recommended instructions. The installation instruction is located on the packaging. N.B. Preferred installation temperature should be between 18-30°C.
- The floor was not maintained or used properly according to the recommended usage or maintenance procedures e.g. floor cleaning with abrasive pads, industrial solvents etc.
- Flooring is installed on top of a wet/moist sub-floor outside the allowable specification (3%/dry reading on moisture meter), refer to the packaging for clarity. Sub-Floor level variation, roughness, holes, grouting lines etc. Please refer to installation instructions for clarity.
- Fading caused by direct ultraviolet radiation from direct sunlight exposure.
- If an expansion joint profile is not used in an area greater than 15lin.m in the direction of length of the individual flooring planks and 20lin.m on width direction for Diamond core, 10lin.m x 15 lin.m for Sapphire SPC flooring, and 10 lin.m x 20 lin.m for SPC tile, when in an uncontrolled environment, when in an uncontrolled environment.
- Floor is pinned/trapped down in anyway, thus preventing the normal expansion/contraction of the product to cope with climatic changes, e.g. silicone floor finishing profiles, filler around doorways/between floor & skirting.
- lf installed on top/over stuck down to existing Parquet block or solid wood flooring or on top of old or existing carpets or underlay.
- Office chairs must be fitted with soft wheels/castors or if nylon castors are being used, use protective mats/felt pads underneath the chair.
- Flooring panels used in places where the traffic exceeds the utility class that is recommended.
- Surface defects that can only be seen from an angle source of light.
- Flooring panels damaged during renovation work by others.
Vinyl claim procedure
In order to provide any remedies for a defective product, you agree to Cooperate in providing information as required by us regarding the product, including detailing how the product is defective and any other information as we reasonably may require. In the event that the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (“the CPA”) applies to the transaction in respect of which the warranty is being invoked (i.e. a transaction not excluded from the CPA by operation of Chapter 1, Part B thereof) then an alleged defect must be reported to us or our authorised distributor within 180 (one hundred and eighty) days from the date of purchase of the product and the remedies in the event of a product being found to be defective shall be one of the following, at your election:
- refund; or
- repair; or
The provisions of the CPA shall have no application after the expiry of the above mentioned 180 (one hundred and eighty) day period and thereafter our warranty commitments as defined in this warranty card shall be the sole conditions applicable to a defective product.
Please note that in all cases of claims for defective products only the quantity of the product found to be defective shall be the subject of the appropriate warranty action. In the event that we find that a product which is the subject of any warranty claim (whether under the CPA or not) has been abused, or misused, or neglected, or subjected to inadequate or improper handling or installation, or has been modified in any way, or is the subject of normal ‘wear and tear’, We may in our sole discretion elect not to refund, repair or replace the product. In the event of any claim falling outside the CPA, then the defect must be reported in writing to our authorised distributor or us within no more than 14 (fourteen) days of the discovery of the defect. After the expiry of the above mentioned 14 (fourteen) day period, no further complaints will be accepted, A duly dated and stamped invoice and a copy of the warranty card must be submitted at that time. In the event of any warranty claim, our authorised personnel must be accorded every opportunity, where applicable, to inspect the claimed product in situ and the product must be kept in its current condition for the purposes of such inspection.
PLEASE NOTE: THAT IF THE PRODUCT HAS BEEN INSTALLED AND A DEFECT IS COMPLAINED OF SUBSEQUENTLY, WE WILL ALWAYS CARRY OUT THE IN SITU INSPECTION REFERRED TO ABOVE AND SHOULD WE, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, FIND THE INSTALLATION TO HAVE BEEN IMPROPERLY CARRIED OUT, REGARDLESS OF ANY OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES, THIS WARRANTY WILL BE NUL AND VOID. IN THIS REGARD, WE CANNOT UNDERSCORE ENOUGH THE IMPORTANCE OF CORRECT INSTALLATION BY APPROPRIATELY QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS. IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS AS TO CORRECT INSTALLATION, YOU ARE URGED TO CONTACT YOUR AUTHORISED DISTRIBUTOR OR US, PRIOR TO INSTALLING THE PRODUCT.
In the case where a claim is accepted and the CPA is not applicable, it will be at the sole discretion of the supplier and/or us to either repair the product or offer replacement product of the same or similar quantity, quality and design or colour, insofar as the same is possible. The product warranty does not cover any labour cost or accessories associated with replacement of damaged material covered by the warranty. Consequential losses and any other costs whatsoever are not covered by the warranty.
The services provided as part of this warranty do not extend the original warranty period.
The warranty is of diminishing value in the sense that it takes account of Loss of value resulting from use: 1/30, 1/20 or 1/10 per annum. It is not transferable and will apply to the first buyer only. It is not transferable and will apply to the first buyer only.