Invitation to the first of FINFloor’s JHB’s, Staying ahead of the curve, CPD presentations.
On this occasion we are offering 2 free talks, validated for SACAP and IID, to the value of CPD category 1 activity – 0.2 credits, on “The vinyl showdown – Floating versus glue-down” followed by “A Systemic Foundation in Subfloor Preparation” validated for SAID to the value of CPD category 1 activity – 0.3 credits
Vinyl flooring comes in two compelling flavours – glue down or dry back vinyl planks (LVT/LVP) and floating vinyl, also known as stone plastic composite (SPC/RCB). Both vinyl categories come with their own pros and cons, and unique opportunities and cost implications. Making the right choice for your project requires a deeper understanding of both options.
In this session of ‘Stay Ahead of the Curve’ CPD series, join Sasha Kozinsky, and Schalk Pelzer from TAL South Africa. Sasha will do a deep dive into the differences between these two much-loved vinyl categories and how to make the right choice, and Schalk will share his technical insights on how to discern what is really going on (and wrong) with floor preparation, and what you can do about it.
- Quality features to watch out for in vinyl flooring, plus the pros and cons of glue down vinyl flooring or LVT versus floating vinyl or SPC.
- The opportunities and implications of each vinyl type, and their in-depth cost and installation considerations.
- Top strategies to ensure longevity from a vinyl floor installation, given your project’s specific requirements and features.
- Specific factors that, as an architect, you need to bear in mind when specifying vinyl flooring. These include budget, eco / sustainability aspects, the floor experience, and installation considerations.
- The benefits of using an integrated, floor-levelling system and the critical outcomes for each step in that system, including surface preparation, the moisture barrier, the primer, self-leveller or screed, and adhesives when applicable.
Date: Thursday 2nd February 2023
Time: 16h00 – 18h30
Venue: FINfloor boardroom, Unit 2b, 11 Olympia Street, Sandton
RSVP: To book your space email: Ingrid – email@example.com
This is NOT AN ONLINE event, Limited to 12 spaces
Terms & Conditions – Please note that booking is essential and that no ‘walk ins’ will be allowed.
Looking forward to sharing a coffee with you as we unfold and debate the above.
Your partner in flooring,